Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Prepare for a Long Motorcycle Ride

It could have been a dream for a long time but now that I am in a position for a long motorcycle ride, I want to be ready, so I have to prepare myself both physically, mentally and be motorcycle equipped.

Being middle aged and in a position that I can take off with my partner is a great feeling. Carefree for three months on a motorcycle is something that I actually dreamed of. Well, the first thing you have to determine is do you have the right motorcycle, as well as for your partner, to go on a long journey? First of all if you are going on a long trip you need a big bike. Some suggestions are twin Honda 800s, but then you have to make the decision about your bike so do your due diligence on your selection of motorcycles.

Traveling can be done on any motorcycle, but most touring rides require a bigger bike, not only for comfort but for peace of mind knowing that your bike is sturdy and ready to take you where you want to go. As long as you are experienced in riding a motorcycle and you are strong enough to handle a bigger motorbike you should be safely on your way. Most people listen to good advice about riding a motorcycles; those who don't listen are riders looking for an accident and one that could be fatal.

On a trip one should think of the small gadgets that you can take on the trip that would certainly come in handy. Just think of hiding a good pocket knife in your glove box, a pair of folding pliers, spoons,forks plus any camping utensils also as in a flashlight, screwdriver and a small pair of pliers. Take a little time and visit a camping store and see what is absolutely necessary for a camping trip.

Be prepared in a long trip that you might have to camp down in a place that does not have the electricity that you are used to. So, be prepared to set up camp, well away from the great things in life that you are used to and you will be glad you tucked that box of matches into a dry container or even a cigarette lighter to get a nice little camp fire going to warm up that can of beans that you thought you would never use on your trip but only to find out how good they tasted away out in a foreign field.

I spent my early life on a potato farm and after leaving home I managed national Department stores and after 16 years opened my own, I loved people in the retail business and people are still a big part of my life. I now do internet marketing, my web is about motorcycle accessories, good quality and well priced check it out. http://www.motorcycleaccessoryoutlet.com/


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment